While Ryder Cup 2014 didn't work out so well for our U.S.A. team, it was a rousing success for Premier Golf and all of our clients who attended the matches at Gleneagles in Scotland. Witnessing the passion (and impressive American themed outfits) and love of the game from our clients was truly inspiring.
|2014 Ryder Cup at Gleneagles in Scotland|
For those who traveled with us to Gleneagles and those who look forward to attending the 41st Ryder Cup matches at Hazeltine National Golf Club in 2016 (September 27-October 2, 2016), here are some of the latest happenings and information about the Ryder Cup:
Hazeltine National Golf Club
This highly respected golf club in Chaska, Minnesota promises to be a fabulous venue for the 2016 Ryder Cup. Hazeltine has hosted numerous major championships through the years. Some of the more notable are the 1970 U.S. Open Championship won by Tony Jacklin; 1991 U.S. Open Championship captured by Payne Stewart; 1999 NCAA Division I Men's Championship won by Luke Donald; 2002 PGA Championship won by Rich Beem and the 2009 PGA Championship won by Y.E. Yang.
|Hazeltine National Golf Club|
Hazeltine National has been re-routed for the 2016 Ryder Cup. Check out the changes at Ryder Cup U.S.A.
Here are some interesting tidbits about Chaska and Minnesota:
* Chaska is located in the Minnesota River Valley. It has an historic downtown area with shopping, dining, lodging and entertainment.
* Chaska is situated 24 miles from the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport.
* Northeast Minnesota borders the largest freshwater lake in the world, Lake Superior.
* The Mall of America in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area is the largest shopping and entertainment complex in the U.S. with more than 500 stores, an amusement park, aquarium and more than 50 restaurants.
* Some courses you can play in the area, include the Chaska Town Course, Bluff Creek (Chaska), Deer Run (Victoria), Hidden Greens (Hastings) and Eagle Valley (Woodbury).
PGA Ryder Cup Task Force
The PGA of America's Ryder Cup Task Force conducted its first meeting on Tuesday December 9, 2014. Comprised of past captains, players and PGA of America leadership executives, the task force is examining the entire Ryder Cup process, including the selection of future U.S. captains and vice captains and the points system by which players make the team. Player task force members include Rickie Fowler, Jim Furyk, Phil Mickelson, Steve Stricker and Tiger Woods. Past captains include Raymond Floyd, Tom Lehman and Davis Love III.
|Phil Mickelson at Gleneagles 2014|
Future Ryder Cup Sites
2018 Le Golf National in France (Located 20 miles from Paris)
|Le Golf National site of Ryder Cup 2018|
2020 Whistling Straits in Kohler, Wisconsin
The Ryder Cup Experts
Premier Golf, LLC is licensed by The PGA of America as the only official distributor of Ryder Cup travel packages in North America. Premier Golf has sent more than 20,000 individuals to the Ryder Cup and can provide the absolute best one-stop service for clients who want the ultimate Ryder Cup experience. Click Premier Golf or call us at 866-260-4409 for more information. Packages to the 2016 Ryder Cup will be available in Spring 2015.
Labels: Hazeltine National Golf Club, PGA of America, Premier Golf, Ryder Cup, Ryder Cup 2016, Ryder Cup experts, Ryder Cup packages, Ryder Cup tickets