It's easy to get overwhelmed by the sheer beauty and challenge of the stunning quartet of courses at Bandon Dunes Golf Resort in Oregon.
Beyond these world-class 18-hole experiences, there's a lot more to enjoy and appreciate at this pure golf paradise.
Here are five things you must do before leaving Bandon Dunes:
1. Play Bandon Preserve-A 13-hole, par-3 layout, this course is great for a few bets with a few beers. Sitting high atop sand dunes and rolling down towards the beach, the Bill Coore/Ben Crenshaw designed course offers blind shots, undulating greens, superb bunkering and a prevalent wind. Enhancing the experience are the awesome and inspiring Pacific Ocean panoramas.
2. Play the Punchbowl--Spanning 100,000 square feet, this 18-hole putting course, adjacent to the 1st tee at Pacific Dunes, is a complimentary amenity. A collection of hollows, the course is patterned after the Himalyas in St. Andrews and Thistle Dhu at Pinehurst. Punchbowl opened in 2010 and was designed by Tom Doak and Jim Urbina, who designed Old Macdonald.
3. Play Shorty's--This complimentary 9-hole, par-3 layout was designed by David McLay Kidd. Open from Thursday through Sunday, it was created for golfers to practice and have fun. In fact, you can play more than one ball and work on different shots if you desire.
4. Savor Their Signature Cuisine--Bandon Dunes has some of the best golf clubhouse comfort food on the planet. A few of the absolutely, don't miss favorites are the onion rings (with extra crispy beer batter), Grandma's Meatloaf (topped with gravy and crispy onions), chicken noodle soup (loaded with fresh vegetables, tender chicken and wide noodles) and the soft doughnuts with carmel dipping sauce.
5. Celebrate at The Bunker Bar--Situated underground in the Lodge, this place evokes the treasured ambiance of a luxury man cave. It's a terrific place to watch sports, shoot pool, play cards, sip single malt scotch and smoke cigars (it has a fabulous ventilation system).
For a fantastic, expertly planned vacation to Bandon Dunes Resort as well as dream trips to other fascinating international and U.S. destinations click to PREMIER GOLF or call 866-260-4409 to speak with one of our friendly, knowledgeable and experienced golf travel specialists.
Labels: Bandon Dunes, Bandon Dunes in Oregon, Bandon Dunes Resort, Bandon Preserve, Bunker Bar at Bandon Dunes, Grandma's Meatloaf, The Punchbowl at Bandon Dunes